Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fun updates!

We just finished up our study of Plants & Flowers. The kids are super excited to come back (in 11 days!) and learn about insects. We had voted about what we would like to study. The students chose between plants/seeds, insects, ocean life and dinosaurs. We used the standard democratic process of writing our votes on private ballots. I'm constantly amazed at how my little ones LOVE to vote. Never to early to instill American Values! The vote was highly contentious! Plants came in first, insects 2nd and ocean life/dinos were tied for 3rd. We will have a run-off race in April. 

March has been so busy, that I will upload our plant discovery pictures in the next few days. I've been working on this and wanted to share. 

I created these charts to help get my KDG'ers acclimated to research and using informational texts. As soon as we come back from break we will learn about insects. 


Hoppy Spring Break friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment