Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shedd Aquarium!

Let's learn about ocean animals! Recently, we went on a fantastic field trip to the Shedd Aquarium! This was a perfect way to begin our unit on ocean aimals. We saw the baby Beluga whales  the pacific white sided dolphin show!





We explored the museum…using our very handy map. The kids were giving us directions!

We saw the jellyfish.


We had a hands on experience with the ocean floor.
We saw sharks, clownfish (NEMO!!) and anemone. We hung out with our new turtle friend and discovered his habitat. What a busy day!


We enjoyed some time outside in the gorgeous weather…what a perfect day! Thank you to Miss Kilian for making it fantastic!



3 comments:

  1. What an amazing learning journey! I bet the kiddos went nuts over the clownfish! =)

    I love your froggy blog!

    I am happy to be your newest follower and would love for you to visit me when you get the chance. I have lots and lots of *freebies*. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are just starting our ocean unit. I wish we could go on such a fantastic trip...your kids looked like they loved it! I'm your newest follower. =)
    Bobbie
    http://www.thedailycupcake-akindergartenblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an amazing venue for a field trip! I just started following you after finding your blog on the TpT forums. I love all of your classroom pictures and am excited to see what you continue to post. If you would like it, I would love to pass along the One Lovely Blog Award to you. Quick instruction are here.
    One Lovely Blog Award
    Thanks again for sharing!
    Katie
    I Want to be a Super Teacher

    ReplyDelete